06 May 2008

My Musical Obsessions

Well any way I seem to go through this mini-obsessions, it's really weird, I'll obsess about a band for like a week (sometimes more, sometimes less) and then I'll flit onto something else. Some of these obsessions will roll around other obsessions and then resurface later on.
Now these obsessions will either be bands I have listened to for years and suddenly I'll start listening to them again, bands I have just discovered or even bands that I have been listening to a little recently
Here are my current obsessions (Just so you know):

Island - Orakel
Island - Orakel
The National - Boxer
The National (All albums except for the first one which is poo)
The Decemberists - Castaways And Cutouts
The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts
M83 - Saturdays = Youth
M83 - Saturday = Youth
KMFDM - Angst
90's Industrial (Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, Laibach, KMFDM etc...)(Thanks Kurt)
Slowdive - Souvlaki
90's Shoegaze (Slowdive, Catherine Wheel, My Bloody Valentine etc...)

Recent Obsessions have been (In no particular order):

The Folk Implosion
Bat For Lashes
Death

Blah, blah, blah.
If you ask me I'll tell you wholeheartedly that any of the bands are the business.
That is all get back to work.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: